Tuesday, April 20, 2010

MIA - Moving House

The last few days have been some of the busiest we have ever had. Every spare second was spent packing, moving house, cleaning and unpacking. One truck wasn't enough and they had to call for a second one.
Note to everyone.....de-clutter before moving, not after!

During the weekend we also had to drive our boys around to 8 soccer games....I'm not really sure how we found time to eat and sleep!

The first night in the new house was very eventful. I had told my boys that every house makes its own unique and different noises. Little did I know that at 11.30pm on the first night, we would experience an earthquake! It totally freaked us out!

Anyway, after four days I now have my computer set up and I am ready to find a little time for designing. The first thing I did was download heaps of photos that I took of our old empty house, and our new house before all the furniture and 150 boxes moved in! Now all we need is internet at home. Until it gets connected I have to visit the library and McDonalds to use theirs!

Here's a few photos from the weekend.

The furniture goes out....


....and goes in.



My boys built a wall of empty boxes!




Over the last few weeks I have used rolls and rolls of bubblewrap, so I thought I would make a couple of pieces of word art with it. Hope you like it!
Now if only I could get rid of the pile of the real stuff that we have piled in the garage!


Sorry link expired.

20 comments:

Raylene said...

Now that's being resourceful! Thanks!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [20 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Tammy Dunlap said...

I LOVE your new houses porch! Nice!Good Luck with the move.

Tami said...

Th♥nks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love the porch!! Looks very inviting. I hate moving...so exhausting! Good luck with everything. Lara

Marla said...

Enjoy your new home! I love porches like that. Cute word art - thanks so much!!

craftychic said...

Good luck with the move :) Thank you for the bubble wrap :)

Judy said...

Thanks for the word art

Lynn said...

Glad that everything went smoothly, well, except for the earth quake. lol Thanks for the cute bubblewrap!

Dinphy said...

Those pieces of wordart are awesomely creative! LOVE them, thank you!

Wow, an earthquake on your first night. That's sure not something you'd expect!
Heehee, I bet the kids want to tag along with your blogging, if it's not the library. LOL.
Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much and Happy New Home - Hugs - Maggy

ChelleBB said...

Lindsay, the earth quake was the neighborhoods way of saying welcome, rof... hope all is good now, and you enjoy your newest adventure! :D

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much!!!!!!!
HUGS

dawn inskip said...

Thanks Lindsay - best of luck with your move and hope you're happy in your new home :)

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

We moved a lot when I was growing up. I just love unpacking...but that's about it! :) Enjoy setting up your new spaces!

Elaine said...

We just moved in December; I know it's not fun. But it's always worthwhile when it's DONE!! Thanks for the WA. I will use it for a pregnancy LO. ;)

orachel said...

LOVE!!! I'm disabled with fibromyalgia, the evil ick, so 'fragile' and 'handle with care' take on a whole new meaning..these will get LOTS of use in my odd little altered pages, trust me!

Gorgeous yard! And seriously, rock on you for being relatively unpacked after a week (later post said that). I've still got boxes 6 mos later..sigh! LOL

Thanks again, and may your new home be a happy healthy safe place for you and yours!

orachel

GlitterQueen said...

This is really cute! Thanks. Boy, do I hate moving, hope you're settled in soon.

Heather said...

So cute! I have an accident prone boy who has managed to break four arms in 18 months. We joke about wrapping him in bubble wrap... I cant wait to use this word art. I feel a photo shoot coming on :)

Kirsten said...

Thank you so much!