Monday, January 30, 2012

An ambulance ride, a sneak peek and a free stamp frame.

Sometimes weekend plans don't always go as planned.  On Sunday for my P365(6) photo, I was planning a trip to the beach to capture a lovely sunset or late afternoon street scape.  My plan came unstuck at 10.30am when my 16 year old suddenly passed out in front of me!!  I couldn't wake him and to say I freaked out would be an understatement.  He eventually woke up, then I had an ambulance ride with him to the hospital.  Luckily it was nothing too serious and ended up being low blood pressure.  He now has to be careful getting up too quickly and make sure he eats plenty of food for an active (and still growing) teenager. I think not knowing why he passed out and not being able to wake him was the most stressful part.

Now for a little peek at my brand new collection being released on Friday at Pickleberrypop and Gotta Pixel.

I love making stamp frames and haven't designed many recently, so I made this one to share.

Sorry link expired.

14 comments:

makeyesup said...

Glad to hear you son is OK. Can't even imagine how scary that was. Our children are not suppose to have medical problems, they are too precious.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Jan. 30, 2012. Thanks again.

Magnolia said...

Thank you so much for sharing.

Sue said...

Oh, my, what an experience! I'm glad your son is okay, and nothing major is wrong.

Thanks so much for the frame! :)

libbywilko said...

Love your stamps Lindsay! Hope your son is stay ok. Happens to my husband too !

JeannieK said...

Thank you for the stamp frame! Glad to hear your son is better.

cazrush said...

Thank you for the freebie,
My son passed out a few times when he was 15/16. The doc. said it was because he was growing to fast for his body to cope with. He is now
6ft 2in tall and thankfully has stopped gtowing.

Mary M. said...

Glad to hear your son is better. Must have been super frightening.

Jen Conlon said...

Great freebie! You've been featured on the Quality DigiScrap Freebies blog.

We hand select only the best digiscrap freebies for our readers.

Grab a brag button!

Monkey Toes Too said...

Thank you!

belle007 said...

glad your son is ok! thanks very much for the stamp frame.

Crystalnva said...

THANK YOU ;~}

Tink said...

Oh Jane what scary experience!
It happens to me all the time but I know from my husband's reactions it's very scary to watch! Mine is also a sudden drop in blood pressure, blood can not reached the brain and hops out you go.

You have to be careful wafter eating too. Digesting food asks a lot of blood pooled in the abdomen. If you suddenly get up after eating you can also pass out. I always pass out in the most strange and dangerous places like in the garage and fell on a rake, in the bathroom hit my nose on the porcelain toilet and in front of a bus. So it's not just the fainting it's where you faint that's dangerous.

It has a name as well Orthostatic Intolerance. The main thing you can do to control it is to stay hydrated. Even more than eating, hydration is how we make new blood cells and blood volume. So l always carry special water with me with potassium and electrolytes in it.

He is at an age that he wil still outgrow it if he takes good care of it. Hope all will be well from now on!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! :)